FIR lodged after JMM, Cong complain to EC against BJP video: ‘How far will you allow country to fall in name of Poll panel finds video violates model code; state BJP deletes it. Hours after allies JMM and Congress complained against a video released by the BJP on social media that allegedly propagates a “false narrative” about a religious community ahead of the second phase of polling on November 20, the Election Commission of India Sunday evening said the video prima facie violates the Model Code of Conduct and directed “immediate action as per existing laws and procedures”.
Earlier in the evening, Kumar told The Indian Express that on directions from the poll panel police have registered an The JMM was the first to flag the video. An hour after the state BJP posted the video Saturday night, the JMM’s official X handle tagged the EC and wrote: “Will elections be held like this in the country now? How far will you allow the country to fall in the name of Hindus and Muslims?
Now have some shame and wake up. Show me some courage. Today BJP has crossed all limits of shamelessness and vulgarity.” theme in Jharkhand, with Prime Minister Narendra Modi as well as other top leaders raising the issue at their Reacting to the video, Chief Minister Hemant Soren told The Indian Express: “The mask has been lifted. The BJP is openly ruining the future of the country purely on politics of hatred and fear mongering and the Election Commission has sadly been turned into a helpless and mute spectator.
It is now clear that the BJP has zero intellectual capital and has run out of actual issues.” malicious videos” from the BJP’s social media accounts. The BJP said the video merely reflects the JMMCongress mindset. “On June 2, 2023, the Special Branch of the Jharkhand Police issued a letter to all District Commissioners, cautioning against Bangladeshi infiltrators entering Jharkhand through madrasas.
However, one year later, the Hemant government outrightly denied any such infiltration,” BJP spokesperson Ajay Shah said. The communication also directed Kumar to serve a notice on Jharkhand BJP to “explain the alleged violation of provisions of MCC by the party on account of their referred directed to social media posts”. “The party may be directed immediately take down the said post… and any related content from social media and any other form of media,” it said.
Speaking to The Indian Express earlier in the evening, Kumar said an FIR was registered at the cyber crime police station under relevant sections for violation of the MCC. “A takedown request of the video has been sent to X and we are awaiting action,” he said.